Buy and Sell study guides, notes, summaries, and articles: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Beezynotes?
Beezynotes provides a marketplace or platform wherein users can buy and sell study materials of different kinds.
What can I sell? What study materials are allowed?
At Beezynotes, you can make money by selling study material such as study notes, text book summaries, research paper samples, assignments, essays, case study samples, drawings, college notes, presentations, podcasts, class notes, study guides, manuals, e-book, course notes, judgements, question-answers, and other downloadable study documents. Importantly, the study material must be downloadable. Materials for all study levels (college, undergraduate, master’s, doctorate, professional exams) are accepted.
You cannot sell study materials/products that require physical delivery or shipping. Study materials that mostly contain words must also be typed up (not scans). Here is a more comprehensive list of study materials that are allowed.
What materials are prohibited? What can I not sell on the platform?
- Physical (non-downloadable) materials/items, illegal materials,
- Material that violate our intellectual property rights (such as lecture handouts, or notes your professor gives)
- Material that violate the intellectual property rights of other parties
- Material that contains false or misleading information
- Any material that falls in the domain of “Prohibited Uses” in our terms and conditions
How much will I get per product sold? How much can I earn? How much commission do I get?
There is no limit to the amount of money you can earn from your study material/content. The amount you may depend on several factors, including the number of study materials you have uploaded (products created), how much the market likes your study materials, the time of the year. You get to set the price of your study material and can earn several times from a single item.
You receive 65% of the amount your product is actually sold for. The 35% selling fee that we charge helps us pay for services and costs such as hosting, marketing, payment processing, administration, labour, rent, Internet, communication, perform SEO and hopefully allows us to make a small profit margin.
How will I get paid?
Currently we only pay through PayPal. You therefore need to have an active PayPal account to receive payment. We intend to add other payment methods, including Wire/Bank transfer and Mpesa, in the future. You may request payment five days after your product has been sold. We process payments every Friday. The minimum withdrawal amount is £10.
How will I know when my product has been sold?
You will be automatically notified via email every time your product has been bought. You will also be able to monitor your products and transactions through your vendor dashboard.
Can I sell my Study notes on another site as well?
Yes, by all means. You maintain the rights to your study material and can list them on other sites as well.
Is there a maximum number of study material I can upload?
No, there is no cap on the number of material you can upload or the number of products you can create. You can upload as many study materials as you wish. The more documents you sell, the more you earn.
What material formats are allowed?
You may upload study material in word (.doc, .docx, odt), pdf, pptx .ppsx .odp, ppt .pps, jpg, excel (xls,xlsx, XLSM), mp3, zip format. Wherever possible, please post your material in pdf format as this is our most preferred format.
In case you need to upload a file extension that we have not listed here, feel free to drop us a message/email and we may update our system to allow the upload of files with the extension.
How do I price my Study Material/Product?
It is up to you to decide the price at which your study material will be sold. However, your price must at least £3. A reasonable price is neither too low nor too high. When the price is set too low, potential buyers may assume that your study material of low quality. On the other hand, potential customers may not be willing to spend too much on study material.
How do I attract buyers and improve the chances of selling?
- Choose the right category for your product/study material.
- Ensure your content is of high quality and original
- Add detailed description/summary of your product/study material in the (second) description box. Potential buyers look for products that meet their needs. Provide information that potential buyers may need at a glance, information that attend to their needs.
- Post/share links to your study materials/products on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and WhatsApp. When you share links to your products on social media, the chances of your products appearing on searches done on search engines such as Google and Yahoo greatly increases.
- Set a price that is reasonable. When the price is too low, potential buyers may assume your study material/product is of poor quality. If it is priced too high, potential buyers may not be able to afford it. You may like to test out different prices over time to see what works best for you.
How does it work/ I would like to sell – where/how do I start?
If you already have files, documents, study notes, or other downloadable products that you wish to sell, start by creating a vendor account, which involves completing the registration process. Next you will need to create product(s) on the website (basically the process of uploading the study material, setting the price, and making other settings). Your study material must be of high quality and original. Once your product has been approved and published you can earn from your study material. Whenever someone buys your study material/product, you will automatically be notified via email and the sale/transaction will reflect on your vendor’s dashboard in real time.
How much does it cost to create a Vendor account/Register as a vendor?
Creating a vendor account is absolutely free! You have every reason to try this out.
Are there other charges apart from the selling fee?
So far, we only charge a fee equal to 35% of the amount your study material was actually sold for. We only charge this fee when you sell a study material/product. There are no additional charges; no monthly, yearly charges, or other hidden fees or charges.
How long will it take for my vendor account to be approved?
Approval of your vendor account will typically be done in a few hours but may also be done within a few minutes.
How long will it take for my product to be approved?
Approval of your product will typically be done within 48 hours of you creating the product. Approval may take longer depending on our workload. For your product to be approved, it must be of high quality. You can only post/upload material that you have created, not someone else’s work/creation unless you have their express consent.
Will I be able to edit the product that I create?
Yes, you will be able to edit the product that you create. However, we may have to approve the edited product manually.
Why was my product rejected/ not approved?
We approve and reject products at our discretion. Products that infringe on other people’s property rights, are of poor quality, or are illegal will be rejected. These are only a few reasons why we may reject a product.
Do I have to fill in all the Storefront details?
No, you do not need to fill in all storefront details to start selling. Details such as logo, store description, social media details, message to buyer, store location are optional and in fact are not really necessary.
Once you create your vendor account, you will have to wait for your account to be manually approved by us. It may take a few minutes or as long as 24 hours for your account to get approved; it all depends on our workload. We, however, do our best to approve created accounts as soon as possible if they meet our eligibility criteria.
How do I create an account to sell products?
To sell products, you need to create a vendor’s account. Creating an account is as simple as ABC. To create a vendor account, go to the Vendor Registration page, fill in and submit the registration form and wait for us to approve your account.
How do I upload a document/product to sell? How do I create a product?
Once you have created a vendor account, you will need to upload the document or material you wish to sell. To do so, you will need to create a product on the site. Here is the procedure for creating a product on the site:
Log into your vendor account through the Vendor Dashboard page.
- Click the “Add Product” button or icon and then click the “create a new product” link
- Select a relevant category from the list of available categories. You may only select one category even though your product may fall into multiple categories.
- You will be taken to the “Edit product” page where you will enter the relevant details of the product as described below (download instructions in Pdf):
- Product Title: Enter a relevant title for your product. The title should be a few words long
- Short product description: Under the short product description field, provide a short description of your product including its title, when the product was created/last updated, number of pages, number of words, type of work, file type, and download information as it the example below. Note: Always use the default font settings (Georgia font, size 12, paragraph level).
Title: PESTLE Analysis for Courier Services in the UK
Published/Last Updated: 2019
Total Pages: 19
Word Count (Excluding Exec Summary, references): Approx. 2,830 words
Document Type: Research Paper Example
File Type/Format: PDF
Download Limit: Unlimited
Download Link Expiry: 60
- Product Description: In the product description field, provide a detailed description of your product. If your product is a sample paper, you may include the question that the paper is seeking to answer or the paper instructions. You should also provide a short preview of the paper/work to give the potential buyer a glimpse of what they will be purchasing. Ideally, this section should be at least 300 words long.
Product Type: Select simple product and select (tick) both “Virtual” and “Downloadable” products.
Set the prices for the product. The “Regular price” is optional. The actual price you want the product to be sold at is the “Sale price” and so it is the more important price. If you choose to set a Regular price, this price should be higher than the Sale price.
Add downloadable file: This is an important step as it is here that you upload the file(s) that you are actually selling. Your product may include one or more files. If the “Downloadable files” field does not show, you probably did not select “downloadable” product in the previous step. Click on the upload file icon (6) and select and upload the file from your computer or other drive to the website’s media library. Once the file has been successfully uploaded, on the media library select the file you have uploaded and click the ”Insert file URL” button. The File URL will be automatically inserted in the URL link. Now write the name of the file in the File Name field. If there are additional files to be uploaded, repeat the process until all the files have been uploaded.
Download limit: Leave blank (don’t write anything)
Download Expiry: Leave blank (don’t write anything)
Upload image(s): It is recommended that you upload an image related to your product. The image may be a screenshot of the title page of your file or a relevant picture that you have created yourself (not downloaded from the Internet due to copyright issues). It is important that the image you upload is adequately clear and looks professional.
Product Tags: Enter product tags in the tags field. Product tags are key words or phrases (ideally 3-5 words long) that relate to your product. Think of phrases (a group of words) that a potential buyer will use to search your product on the Internet. Each keyword phrase or product tag is entered on its own line. For example, if your product is on “PESTLE Analysis for Courier Services in the UK”, your product tags may be:
- PESTLE Analysis for Courier Services
- PESTLE Analysis Courier Services UK
- Courier Services UK PESTLE analysis
- Courier Services UK PESTEL analysis
- Courier Services PESTLE analysis
Inventory, Linked Products, Attributes, Advanced: Leave as they are (maintain default settings).
Once you have entered all the relevant product details, click the “Submit” button at the top of the page to upload the product ready for publishing. You may also save the product as a Draft and complete it later by clicking the “Draft” button.
Approval: Once you submit your product, we shall review it, make any necessary changes to the product advert and publish it if it meets our criteria.